Here are some popular SEO Myths
Here at Breakline, we are constantly being questioned about what works, what doesn’t work and is it true statements so I thought I would compile a quick ‘SEO Myth buster list’ to help our visitors.
Here are some popular SEO Myths:
- Higher bid on PPC ensures a higher Ad placement.
- Once you achieve top/high rank for your keyword you can stop optimising your website.
- SEO Companies that offer guaranteed top placement for your keywords eliminate the risk.
- Fantastic short term results are a great result in SEO.
- Search engine optimisation mainly consists of endless search engine submissions.
- Search engine optimisation basically is a set of clever techniques designed to con the search engine.
- By following standard SEO techniques you will guarantee high rankings.
- If you hire an SEO company it’s expensive and they will blind you with meaningless terms.
- Basically, all you need do is repeat your keyword loads of times on every page.
- Most websites are optimised as they are being built so if you get a new website this will all be done for you.
- There is only one search engine worth optimising for and that’s Google, everybody knows that right?
- High PR is all that matters and getting a good PR automatically translates to high position.
- Brand new websites don’t stand a chance in the Search Engines.
- Link building is a completely automated process with little or no user interaction.
- A high position for any keyword ensures high sales and conversions.
- PPC has a knock-on effect on natural/organic ranking.
- A high bid in PPC is directly proportional to high click through and conversions
- PPC is far too costly for small business owners to consider.
- All links in a successful link building campaign are permanent.
- PPC and keyword selection is all done by some clever bit of database.
- Getting more and more links will increase PR
- The number of links a site has is far more important than the quality.
- An endless number of links can be acquired for free given enough time.
- Having an XML sitemap will boost your search rankings.
- Top-level domains improve rankings.
- Including a target keyword in anchor text no longer matters in SEO.
- Google will find your fresh content and index it.
- Keyword research is not necessary.
- SEO is easy, anyone can do it.
- Paid search improves organic results.
- Linking out to authority sites sends organic visitors away.
I hope these clear some things for you, I might elaborate on these points individually in the future.