Google Analytics is a web tool used by every webmaster, which offers a lot of data about the acquisition and behaviour of our users. However, most of the data provided by this default app are useless.
When you explore the tool you can see graphs that show you, for example, how many visitors your website has, what the rebound percentage is, how many pages per visit you get, etc. While it may seem interesting to look at all these charts and maps, they are not really providing relevant data for our project.
VANITY METRICS VS. ACTIONABLE DATA
- Number of visits
- Number of followers or likes (yes, also applies to Facebook and Twitter)
- Number of subscribers or customers
- Sales volume or revenue
- Bounce Percentage per Browser
- Engagement of a Tweet or Post
- Number of active users
- Conversion Ratio of a Landing Page